Tuesday 4 May 2010

H by Henry Holland part 2

So after my little lust list on the Henry Holland collection for Debenhams a while ago I've been a bit preoccupied with uni work. This means it's taken me roughly two weeks to update this little blog of mine and bring you the pretty things I stumble upon in my life.





That aside, I am now the owner of a piece of Henry Holland, thanks to my uni loan and a free morning before uni I found myself in town and decided to treat myself to one of the pieces I so dearly wanted. I scoped out a couple of the pieces from my list in the Sunderland branch and hot-footed it to the changing rooms.





Unfortunately I wasn't all too impressed. The pink check playsuit I wanted may have looked great on the model but on me it was shapeless to the extreme, I doubt even a cinched in waist of my own provision would have helped it. It looked like a sack on me.





This small failure was added to by the ditsy playsuit which came up short on me. Okay so this wasn't a design flaw it was more my long torso means some playsuit shorts can look like hotpants on me, not such a great thing. Onto the reject pile it went.





A few more dresses and a skirt later and I finally found it. 'It' was on my original lust list and one I'd saved until last:


The official description on the Debenhams' website is as follows: "This H! by Henry Holland all in one outfit waves it's magic wand to indecisive wardrobe decisions. The 2-piece dress masters a jersey vest top with an attached check skirt for a complementing daytime look that says "This girl knows how to dress". Effortless."

Effortless? Check. Complementing daytime look? Check. I love this outfit. It's easy to accessorise, can be worn with tights or leggings (I'm not brave enough to go bare-legged) and it's always remarked positively upon when I wear it. The jersey top is stretchy enough for if you're having one of those paranoid days where nothing fits right and the pulled in waist creates great figure. The skirt cuts off at the best point on the leg to provide a very flattering look plus the buttons in the same material as the skirt are a cute attention to detail which I adore.

A lovely outfit for under £30 which can be worn all year round? Brilliant I say, simply brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...