Saturday, 23 October 2010
Thursday, 21 October 2010
Monday, 18 October 2010
Sunday, 17 October 2010
- I wrote out my Christmas list this weekend. One of my parents particularly hate Christmas and prefers to get all their shopping done before Christmas mania descends on town centres. It's made up mostly of fashion/journalism books and a few dvd box sets (the o.c., 90210 and gossip girl).
- This little cutie is my self-reward for being made Fashion and Beauty editor for my uni's online magazine Detour, which launches the end of this month. I'm absolutely chuffed about it!
- I did a food shop this afternoon and managed to get a ton of stuff for £13 in a cheap-but-decent shop called Heron (think Farmfoods but a bit cheaper). I probably would've spent an extra £10 had I gone to Tesco as I have been doing so far... I should probably stop buying food and actually use up the tins I've been buying though. Whoops!
- I spent my Saturday afternoon reading all the magazines I've bought this week. I have a really bad habit of buying them and never reading them which is really bad. It took me about four hours to get through them all but I've done it.
- Something about flowers really cheers me up. So I've been buying flowers a lot recently. The "vase" is a big ol' plastic tumbler cup from my local co-op back home. It only cost me about 60p as they were trying to get rid of the leftover summer BBQ stuff. Bargain. We have a little flower shop near the flat so I grab a fresh bunch every time my flowers die.
- My Bible (how huge is it!). Had an awesome day at church today. My friend Eric gave the sermon and he's hilarious when he does. Seriously though, my Bible is literally the size of the Oxford English Dictionary (y'know, the proper big version) but I wouldn't trade it for a smaller one. I've had this since I was baptised nearly three years ago so it's really special to me.
Friday, 15 October 2010
Thursday, 7 October 2010
Monday, 4 October 2010
Photos l-r: a selection of Whitney's amazing outfits, Spring 2010 Whitney Eve, Teen Vogue shoot with Lauren Conrad
I own none of these, all photos were found via google
As an avid watcher of pre-Kristen The Hills (it just wasn’t the same without LC or Whitney) and The City, Whitney Port has always caught my eye due to her amazing ensembles. This is a girl who can take a simple dress and make it look stunning. She even makes jumpsuits – a trend I’d never dare to even contemplate attempting – look uber flattering.
Not only can she dress herself fashionably, but she also dresses other people fashionably. Well, she designs the clothes; it’s up to them how they use the pieces from her line. Whitney Eve is a beautiful range full of even more beautiful pieces. And an interview with Miss Port herself showed such this summer. I quite often avoid the Ibiza issue of Company magazine but was swayed to buy it this year, based solely on the fact Whitney was on the cover looking striking in a gorgeous blue dress (it doesn’t credit her cover outfit from my brief flick through but it’s stunning). I’ve added owning a piece from her collection to my list of things I want to achieve. Sorry Olivia (Whitney’s The City co-star who is often hailed as a style crush) but Whitney wins it for me.