Wednesday 10 February 2010

Customisation part 2

After a long time lying dormant my grandma's brooches are certainly being put to good use! The most recent use for it was making a bracelet. I had a length of material which originally I was going to use as a neck tie (and still intend to) and needed something to fasten it. Cue grandma's green stone brooch with gold setting and a neck tie was created. However the end sections weren't lying right and thus needed some stitching detail. So that project was put to one side...

Then I was getting ready and wanted a cute bracelet to wear. As I was scrambling through my jewellery pile back home I came across this work-in-progress again and, hey presto, the neck tie became a bracelet, as seen below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...