Wednesday 24 February 2010

New Discoveries

I've noticed/admitted a few things about myself recently. One is that I eat my lasagne in the strangest way possible: I eat it layer by layer, scraping off the cheese from the top then eating the pasta sheet and then the meat, followed by the next pasta sheet.

Living in uni halls has upped my levels of tidiness, particularly pertaining to the kitchen. I keep tidying up as I cook in there, just a random little wipe of the surfaces every now and then.

Another thing I've noticed is that I took a lot of home comforts for granted. Like heating, and quick internet. But, more importantly, having family and friends close by 24/7. I still get pangs of homesickness, especially for Piers and my niece who are possibly two of my favourite people.

I can budget...and then re-budget. Seriously though I can do the organised bit and set myself a budget but every now and then I have difficulty sticking to it. Too much money this semester has gone on DVDs, clothes and presents for birthdays which are absolutely ages away. Whoopsie.

But on a positive note, I've rediscovered my inner working nerd/geek. Why is this a good thing? It's good because within a few months of sixth form I lost all desire to be there, whereas at uni I'm on top of work and I'm doing well. My inner Hermione Granger has awoken! My writing has also picked up again and I'm writing more poetry, letters and short stories, which is something I'd missed after a year or so of absolutely no motivation.

So taking the good with the bad, I think I needed a change of scenery to get me out of the rut I was in back home. I just wish I had some of the people from back home with me. Still, there's always holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...