Friday 16 July 2010

What's in a name?

Recently my nail varnish collection has been expanding and something that always amuses/amazes/confuses me is the name of the colours I buy. Some colours are perfectly obvious and simple. Midnight, for example, is a dark blue. Mushroom is the colour grey. However I recently bought a couple of new varnishes from Collection 2000 and was amazed by their names. I bought a green colour which was called ninja (I'm presuming a link to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and one called fruit salad (which did look a bit like the colour of the sweet by the same name).

Other colour names I've come across and liked are Barry M's ice cream collection for this summer. I've got the Berry Ice one (a beautiful lilac colour) and it's a beautiful nail paint, as Barry M's always are. Flamingo (a bright pink) and Peacock (a green/blue similar to a peacock's feather) from Boots' 17 Collection.

So I'm curious, what bizarre nail varnish names have you come across? Do you even care? Drop me a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...