Friday 10 December 2010

30 day blog challenge: day 11

Day 11 - What's in your make-up bag

I don't really have a make-up bag as my make up tends to be littered around my bedroom at the best of times and shoved in a wash bag when I'm travelling. However I have a set lot of products I use so I'll just be listing those beauties instead...

Eyes



Products l-r:
-Barry M mascara
I use the waterproof one as it just tends to wear better, and last longer. I've tried various brands but I generally find this one, or Boots' Natural Collection mascara the best one, in brown/black.

-Benefit eye bright
I got this product free with a magazine (I do love me some freebies!) and was going through a particularly bad patch of not sleeping well, so thought I'd give it a go. It's amazing. Just put a little bit on, blend it in and you look wide awake even if you don't feel like it. It made me look more human many a time during my first uni year!

-Barry M trio eye shadow
I do enjoy me some Barry M product. I have all eight of these eye shadow trios. The one pictured is called 'Delicious Diva' which is my favourite one. I find these, as with the mascara, have the best staying power although this is sometimes a detriment for when trying to remove it. However the colours are really striking which means you don't need to wear loads of it. Hurrah!

Lips



Products l-r:
-Lush Bubblegum lip scrub
This amazing product saves my lips from literally bleeding and peeling during the winter months as well as generally. It's basically a lip exfoliator, which smells and tastes (don't worry, it's safe to eat as it's made from caster sugar) absolutely brilliant. A little bit goes a long way and it looks like I've barely used mine although I have.

-Burts Bees beeswax lip balm
It smells of mint (yummy) and, when used just after the lip scrub, keeps my lips lovely and smooth. This also lasts a lot longer than most lip balms and doesn't have that gunky feel to it of say Vaseline (sorry!) which saves you from eating your hair as soon as you leave your house on a windy day.

-Boots No.7 Mouisture Drench lipstick in shade 55; Pink Crush
I'm not a huge lipstick fan but every now and then I do like to slick a bit on. I was previously using a special edition Boots one from the summer which was more of a nude tone but I dropped it and it broke leaving me with none left to use so I'm on to this one now. I like the colour as it's just enough to make a difference but not so much that I look ridiculous. Hurrah. I also use No.7's red lipstick when I feel like vamping it up


So there you go, there's my make-up bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...